What to Say and When to Say It
What can you say to help transition a patient from the hygiene chair into a home sleep test?
The words that a provider uses make a difference. Using words such as we, let’s, need, and concerned all help to communicate a patient’s condition.
Once the hygienist passes the patient’s soft tissue and hard tissue concerns, they can pass the sleep concerns that they reviewed with the patient to the doctor. For ideas on what to say in hygiene, click this link.
The doctor will handle all the concerns and should say something like the following:
I agree with Marybeth and I am so concerned about this that, in fact, I am sending you home with a sleep test tonight. You are not a credible witness nor is anyone else. I need to see what is happening to your body while you are sleeping.
My team will get you all set up. You will need to take the test for a whole week—then, the following week, we will get schedule a time to go over your results. Depending on these results, we may need to do some additional screening. I am also going to give you some homework to watch this informational meeting. At your next appointment, I will need you to bring in another set of ears to listen.
For more information, join one of our stops on the Airway Integration Tour—coming to a city near you!
We want to thank all the doctors and teams who attended the Airway Integration tour in Denver, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Houston, Nashville, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Orange County, and Sacramento!
They were challenged to screen as many patients as they could as part of their training. As a collective, these providers did 1,663 screenings with the VivoScore so far!
Out of these screenings, 43 percent of patients had OSA.
Even more exciting, they have submitted 138 RXs so far!
We want to congratulate the following doctors and teams for submitting five or more RXs.
Dr. Christensen (Denver)
Dr. Crofoot (Salt Lake City)
Dr. Kraft (Salt Lake City)
Dr. Simkins (Salt Lake City)
Dr. Peterson (Salt Lake City)
Dr. Musso (Dallas)
Dr. Krishan (Dallas)
Dr. Kim (Dallas)
Dr. Nels (Dallas)
Dr. Larsen (Dallas)
Dr. Hale (Houston)
Dr. Griffin (Nashville)
Dr. Rosello (Nashville)
Dr. Isaacs (Nashville)
Dr. McKenzie (Nashville)
Dr. Alla Alpert (Nashville)
Dr. Muhammad (Philadelphia)
Dr. Hales (Orange County)
Dr. Patel (Sacramento)
We will be sending you five VivoScore Rings for attending the AIT and submitting five patient RXs.
Thank you to all of the wonderful VIPs and teams that attended our second Dallas Integration Tour last Friday!
We had a blast and hope you did too!
Registration is NOW OPEN!
We’re excited to host this incredible event at Caesars Palace.
Bring your whole team for a fun-filled getaway on October 20–23!
Registration and Agenda Information Available Below!
This is your chance to hear from incredible experts in the industry.
Mimi Guarneri, MD
- Clinical associate professor at University of California, San Diego
- Board certified in cardiovascular disease, internal medicine, nuclear cardiology, and integrative holistic medicine
- Founder and president of The Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- Serves on the founding board of the American Board of Physician Specialties in Integrative Medicine
Matthew Walker, PhD
- Graduate of University of Nottingham and Newcastle University
- Professor of neuroscience and psychology at the University of California, Berkeley
- Author of the international bestseller Why We Sleep
Ben Miraglia, DDS
- Graduate of State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- Member of ADA, AGD, NYSAGD, and the Ninth District Dental Society
- Member of the board of directors for the American Academy of Physiological Medicine and Dentistry
- President’s Council of Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco, NY
Curious about medical billing for oral surgery? Then join us November 19–20 in Denver!
In-person VIP doctors will receive $500 off by using the coupon code CE4VIP. This is not applicable for staff, associate doctors, or virtual attendees. If you would like more information, please follow the QR code, go to vivosbis.com, or email Jodi Pollock at [email protected]
Upcoming Events and Webinars
Check out exciting upcoming events and webinars on our Vivos Institute Calendar!