Speaker: Sanjive Jain, MD
During this course, Dr. Jain will review at-home sleep tests and explain how we move between sympathetic and parasympathetic states and how these result in stable versus unstable sleep. He will cover heart rate and breathing during sleep and how that is connected to sympathetic and parasympathetic predominance. Dr. Jain explains how to look at a sleep test, including the spectrogram, the hypnogram, the Sleep Quality Index, sleep pathology, sleep stability, and oximetry data. In addition, he reviews when an HST is not indicated for use.
- Understand sympathetic and parasympathetic states
- Review stable versus unstable sleep
- Understand the spectrogram and the hypnogram
- Understand the Sleep Quality Index
- Understand oximetry data
- Understand when an HST is not indicated for use
Course Categories: Oral Health Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Sleep Medicine Snoring, and Sleep Apnea
Subject Code: 730
Educational Type: Live
Educational Method: Lecture
Sponsor(s): Vivos Therapeutics, Inc.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: